Monday, March 17, 2014

Be Our Own Self

Admire how people express themselves
with their unique outfits 
at the punk side of London.
(Stable Market, Camden Town, London, June 2013)
There were times when I take everything others say about me into my heart. It was a time of low self-esteem and high sense of insecurity. It was very sad and pathetic that I tried to change myself in order to make myself likable for everyone.

How silly and ignorant.

Now, seriously, I just don't give a care about what others may think about me. It's just me, right here. Whether they like it or not, it's their own business. I can't please everyone cos there must be someone who dislikes me. And if someone dislikes me for my personality, it just proves that they're out of my league, and we won't get along well, so why bother wasting time on incompatible relations?

Evolving into this state of mind, I've learnt to be selfish. The logic behind is that we've gotta have a certain degree of confidence disregarding what others think, and refrain from changing ourselves according to their needs or mindsets.

Not sure why I'm bringing it up. Probably because I notice some of my friends are still clinging onto this kind of mindset which restricts themselves to expand and mature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Home